Followers

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Day I Know How Scared Some People Feel

Today, my day started out average. My 4Th class in school was when I got really happy. I found out I had made it into the school spelling bee.........then around thirty minutes ago I started paying attention to the television.

I was watching the Hope For Haiti Now telethon. A child came up. On Wednesday, 20 of January, this child was found covered in dust, super dehydrated. when you pinched his skin it would stay pinched. Now, today, Friday the 22ND, this same child is very healthy except for a bit of coughing. This is when I really started to know how the people of Haiti are really feeling. Scared, alone, worried, confused, and all other horrible emotions. Luckily the child I am talking about has some family alive. This saddens me though. Why? This saddens me because every orphanage is packed with children who DON'T have family. I want to change that! Even though I cannot adopt any child in Haiti, perhaps you who are reading this can. Please do so if possible! No child should have to go through this. Also donate things such as blankets, money, water, food, things we take for granted, they have very little to none now. Please help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment